All tickets intended for sale to the general public in advance of a Draw must be registered with your local council to comply with the law (Public Draw).
Tickets sold only on the day of the Draw at the event or only available to members of a private society or club do not require registration (Private Draw).
If in doubt please contact your local council here for guidance as it is your responsibility to make sure your Draw complies with the Lotteries and Amusements Act 1976 or the Gambling Act 2005.
- A book of tickets must be sold for the full value of the tickets it contains, it is against the law to offer free tickets.
- The following is a brief guide to the information that is required on your ticket:
- Name of the Organisation running the Draw
- Promoters name and contact information
- Draw date or indication of when the Draw will take place
- The price of the ticket
- The fact, where applicable, that the Organisation is licensed to run the Draw